Fire is a hazard in any part of the premises. Its consequences include the threat to the lives or health and safety of relevant persons, damage to or loss of property and severe interruption to normal business activities or opportunities. Managing the risk of fire demands fire safety precautions based on a combination of appropriate prevention and protection measures depending upon building use and occupancy, the inherent fire risks and the legal obligations laid on as the occupier / owner.
Fire and Safety management in SMBBIT is done through Proactive measures of Detection and Suppression with the help of Smoke/Heat detectors connected with Fire Alarm panel and Fire Hydrant System respectfully.
“Dedicated to protecting life and property in SMBBIT through professionally delivered fire prevention and emergency services."
- Preventing accidents and work related ill health.
- Compliance with statutory requirements as a minimum.
- Assessing and controlling the risks that arise from our work activities.
- Providing a safe and healthy working and learning environment.
- Ensuring safe working methods and providing safe working equipment.
- Providing effective information, instruction and training.
- Monitoring and reviewing our systems and prevention measures to ensure their effectiveness.
- Setting targets and objectives to develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensuring adequate welfare facilities exist throughout the center.
- Ensuring adequate resources are made available for health and safety issues, so far as is reasonably practicable.